Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Death metal becomes me

We headed over to the local dive bar to meet up with a few friends and grab a drink. We had every intention to sit and soak in the familiar atmosphere. Unfortunately the pub had other intentions. I should have known that something was a rye when we had to use the back door to enter to bar.

Shortly after finding a drink and a seat at the bar, we were greeted by an on-slaught of death metal notes from the stadium-sized sound system. It was death metal night at the Pub. I now understand the difference between glam rock and death metal. Previously, I understood that glam rock was about guys wearing lots of make-up and hair product to transform into a pretty, tough rocker. I also understood that death metal was essentially more rock, more volume and more screaming. I didn't realize that the metal rock really did make you feel like metal and rocks were steam rolling your internal organs. It was weird. It just goes to show that you never know what you're going to get when you stop in at the Pub. Good times.

No comments: