Monday, February 16, 2009

a nod to mod

It's unclear to me how long planning a reception should take. Most books or blogs have recommended that planning start 14 months ahead of the date. As much as I appreciate the meticulously planned event, I am not one to try to drag things out longer than necessary. Just for kicks, I compared my progress to the 14 month calendar. It said I was behind.

In order get up to planning speed, I have thrown down the gauntlet and decided to finalize plans as soon as possible. With my new and improved schedule, no wedding calendar is required. Just give me a couple of months and call it a day. Rash, you say? Nope. It's mod. A nod to modern architecture. A Mies-ian approach to planning. It is a simple, less is more attitude. Besides, if it isn't figured out within the improved time frame, then it's probably not necessary.

No comments: